Know Your Rights When it Comes to Federal Employees’ Rights

If you are a whistle blower, there are many attorneys for federal employees who will be willing to help you. Federal employees have rights protected under the National Whistleblowers Act (NWDA). They work to protect American citizens from wasteful or illegal activities by executive branch employees. These laws were enacted by Congress to protect the interests of American taxpayers from governmental overreach. Federal employees also protect the taxpayer by reporting wasteful spending, public corruption, waste, fraud, waste, and other actions by executive branch officials that violate the public’s right of fair treatment and access to public information.

attorneys for federal employees

An agency head or a member of an agency heads may be removed for, among other reasons, inappropriate performance, violation of law or justice, disobedience of orders, or other grave misconduct. Federal employees are often the target of hostile workplace environments and discrimination. Federal employees are especially vulnerable to hostile and abusive behaviors directed against them based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, or sexual orientation. It is not uncommon for employees to be harassed because of their viewpoint, sexual orientation, or because of their political opinion. In addition, some national agencies and departments do not make it easy to file a complaint or to know where to go for assistance if you feel that you have been the victim of discrimination or harassment.

An informal complaint or an official complaint to the Office of Special Counsel is one way to address problems with employment practices based on legitimate discrimination. Informal complaints can include everything from being forced to work during the holiday season, harassment because of sexual orientation, or even being terminated after filing a whistle blowing claim. The OSC can investigate your claim, resolve it, or dismiss it. The agency can also provide counseling to employees and provide advice on how to resolve conflicts without resorting to formal legal action. In many instances, federal employees will be able to recoup damages for their discriminatory conduct from the employer who discriminated against them.

If you have decided to file an informal complaint, it is important that you understand the process and that you have all of your information in order. There is a detailed process that goes along with filing a formal complaint. You will need a copy of your personnel manual and any documentation that supports your claims of discrimination. There are specific rules governing when you should attend mediation and what you should do at any point along the way. Here are the formal steps that you need to take when filing an informal complaint:

As soon as possible after you know that you have been subjected to discrimination, you should inform your federal government employers that you are being harassed due to your sexual orientation, gender, race, or religion. Then, you should meet with an attorney who can assist you in assessing your case. If your case does merit an investigation, your attorneys will provide you with a free consultation. If no action is taken, you will be notified in writing that there is insufficient evidence to file a complaint.

An attorney can also be very helpful when you decide to file a complaint under the federal whistle blowing or fair employment act. The flier that you receive from the National Security Exchange, or NSA, can serve as a legal document. Your attorneys for federal employees will be able to guide you through this process. Before you begin your work, you should contact your NSA and find out exactly what the procedure is for filing a federal claim. It can take a lot of time and paperwork to resolve this kind of issue. In some cases, it may even cost you a lot of money.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *